The only thing I know for sure is that the day ends, and the stars will come out and darkness is temporary. But don’t the lights in the sky look so beautiful?
People are not rain or snow or autumn leaves. They are not beautiful when they fall. People are more of a hurricane, with tsunami waves coming in all directions; tears so powerful that they drag you down to the dirty depths and you’re scared no one can find you again. Trapped under the misty light that comes through six feet of water over your head, you wonder if this is what it’s like to die.
But no, you are terrified. And death is not something to be afraid of.
I hope we all find a way to calm down someday, taking the swirling winds of the hurricane to something of a subtle drizzle.
20 things i love
1. waking up on a sunday morning, a little too early, and knowing i have a couple more hours to sleep, so i roll over with my white sheets, snuggling up to you
2. taking my hair out of a ponytail and smelling the lavender conditioner you bought me
3. when im supposed to be home at 11:30pm but it’s 2:15 in the morning and im sitting next to you
4. my best friends
5. surfing the internet without cause
6. writing a string of words so perfect you think you could read them somewhere famous
7. getting really good grades on tests and quizzes i have studied hard for
10. stars and constellations and galaxies and everything in between
11. really funny videos; the ones that make you roll over laughing with your dad on a saturday afternoon, rewinding over and over again
12. getting my paycheck and knowing i have a little bit of extra spending money this week
13. the notion that we are all just a little stardust; we are the universe made conscience
14. roadtrips with important people
16. chicago during christmas time; or any time, really
17. when it’s three days later and i finally found that word that i was looking for
18. holding hands
19. random facts; the ones that really stick in your brain for god knows what reason
20. loving and being loved in return