The only thing I know for sure is that the day ends, and the stars will come out and darkness is temporary. But don’t the lights in the sky look so beautiful?
Two people who were once very close can, without blame or grand betrayal, become strangers. Perhaps this is the saddest thing in the world.
But maybe not; love is a lot like math. I think it’s really sad that parallel lines can be like people, travelling side by side, with almost everything in common, but never touching. But it’s also sad that any other pair of lines intersect once, and never meet ever again; that can be a lot like people too.
Then we have parabolas; sometimes they meet once for a moment, or they can meet twice. Either way, only moments are spent between the two.
Soulmates are kind of like hyperboles; a line meeting the origin for the first time, and forever getting closer and closer. But that’s sad, too, because they also never meet quite right.
I think the weirdest thing is having leftover information about someone. Like, I still know someone’s favorite girl’s name, or his favorite season, or her favorite ice cream flavors. I know his favorite song to sing when he is upset, or his favorite guitar chord. I know her favorite childhood book, and the mental disorders her uncle had. I remember the ages and birthdays of his siblings. I remember the song he said he’d sing to their spouse. Where do I put this down? Where do I learn to forget? Where do I learn the people can be like lines, meeting once and never again? Or never really meeting at all?
20 things i love
1. waking up on a sunday morning, a little too early, and knowing i have a couple more hours to sleep, so i roll over with my white sheets, snuggling up to you
2. taking my hair out of a ponytail and smelling the lavender conditioner you bought me
3. when im supposed to be home at 11:30pm but it’s 2:15 in the morning and im sitting next to you
4. my best friends
5. surfing the internet without cause
6. writing a string of words so perfect you think you could read them somewhere famous
7. getting really good grades on tests and quizzes i have studied hard for
10. stars and constellations and galaxies and everything in between
11. really funny videos; the ones that make you roll over laughing with your dad on a saturday afternoon, rewinding over and over again
12. getting my paycheck and knowing i have a little bit of extra spending money this week
13. the notion that we are all just a little stardust; we are the universe made conscience
14. roadtrips with important people
16. chicago during christmas time; or any time, really
17. when it’s three days later and i finally found that word that i was looking for
18. holding hands
19. random facts; the ones that really stick in your brain for god knows what reason
20. loving and being loved in return